Who are we
Tactel is a digital interaction studio. We are problem solvers and craftsmen. We contribute with insights, design and technology that brings our customers closer to their customers. We are often involved early in the process of problem solving or finding new business opportunities. Sometimes those ideas and concepts end up in actual products that we design and implement, and even launch to customers.
What we are looking for
One of those products that we’ve followed all the way from initial concept to shippable product, is a unique inflight map solution. As we’re now starting to ship the product to customers, we need to boost the focus and the engagement to continue making the best future maps product. One of our steps to do this, is to add a 100% dedicated Product Designer who can continue this journey with us, and contribute to building up an efficient organization to take care of and improve our product.
What you will do
You will be part of driving the product development from a design perspective, with great possibilities of affecting the future of the maps product. You will be working in an agile environment together with product managers, designers, developers and testers, to understand new possibilities, find edge cases, and explain and create logics and rules. Both internally and externally you will act as an ambassador for the product, through listening as well as speaking confidently about our design work, and convince others of our reasoning based on insights and well thought through arguments.
An important aspect of your role as a product designer is to understand the different stakeholders and users of the product. Testing the product yourself and through others is a key success factor for this. Another key factor is to understand how client requests might affect the product and identify the potential need for alternative solutions to that request is an example of tasks to navigate in this role.
What we think you must have, to succeed in this role:
- Minimum 5 years experience of UX design, both applications and web
- Strong visual design skills
- Experience from working with and creating design systems
- Experience from discussing requirements with stakeholders on different levels
- Comfortable working in an agile environment with a fast-paced change of priorities, with an understanding of tools and processes commonly used (Jira & Scrum)
- Comfortable working with designers to together shape the product, as well as alongside developers to identify possibilities and limitations
- The ability to focus on the right priorities and always think about creative solutions, even in stressful situations
- Ability to explain your design objectively and convincingly in a way that is easy for anyone to understand
- You’re “fluent” in Sketch, inVision and other relevant design tools
- Native or bilingual English and Swedish
And a couple of bonuses you might have:
- Experience from working with maps solutions
- Experience from working with 3D games
- 3D modeling skills (Cinema4D primarily, potentially Blender)
The Tactel design team
A world that already has everything, needs less. The one who understands more, can deliver less. To create a great service you need to know why and for whom. Therefore all our projects starts with insights, and in turn, insights always starts with empathy. And it is here you come into the picture.
The Tactel design team is a group of 18 happy and passionate designers with a wide set of skills. As we work in different projects, both with other designers and sometimes alone, we make sure to have a team culture on top of the temporary projects. This way, we continuously learn from each other, review others’ designs, get inspired, keep up with a high design standard and together discover new tools and trends. So even though your main focus is the Inflight Map product, you will always have the opportunity to learn from and influence other designers and projects.
We are going through applications and interviewing candidates continuously, so don’t hesitate submitting your application today!